Friday, October 13th
10:00am - 2:30pm
Always looking for ways to apply our “lumberyard” units in interesting block designs, Cheryl rediscovered this old technique created by Mary Ellen Hopkins in 1989. Using only 2 x 8s and simple block construction, you will:
• determine the number of blocks needed for the size of your project.
• consider fabric options for the look you want to achieve in this project.
• construct blocks, using demonstrated techniques.
• decide on a layout and sew the blocks together.
• complete the quilt with the addition of borders, backing, quilting, and binding.
• discuss additional Secret 8 fabric and layout options.