Saturday, October 8th, 10:00am - 3:30pm
Pre-Requisite: Quilter’s Lumberyard Program Intro and Quilt Gallery and the Construction Zone Workshop are recommended.
The 4” Drunkards Path template and 4 ½” raw lumber strips match up perfectly to create beautiful stand-alone curve quilts. Drunkard’s Path curve blocks pair nicely with other lumberyard blocks and templates to create one-of-a-kind curve quilts. This is a technique class. We will lead you through the basics, then introduce you to inspiring ideas that go well beyond the basics.
In this class you will:
- cut “pies and crusts” for 4” curve patches.
- sew 4” curved patches without the use of pins (it’s easy we promise).
- trim 4” curved patches properly.
- explore, arrange and re-arrange a variety of 8” and 16” “Just Curves” block options made only with simple 4” curve patches – we’ll provide “draft” quality layout options.
- evaluate “Curves Plus” block options that pair 4” curve patches with other simple Lumberyard blocks and cuts, some of which are made with basic templates.
- experience unique “Designer Curves” block options that combine detailed Lumberyard piecing with additional templates.
- learn a trick for sewing the 16 curve patches into 16” blocks.
NOTE: Supply list will be emailed on or before August 1, 2022